In India, energy use is steadily increasing as standards of living improve. Growing electricity demand, emergence of multiple peaks, distributed power, electric vehicles, infrastructure constraints, and an increasing share of variable renewable electricity generation are a challenge for the electrical grid. As the grid becomes increasingly complex, flexibility in demand will play a vital role in ensuring its efficiency and stability. Buildings can provide flexibility by reducing energy waste and balancing energy use during times of peak demand through appliance efficiency, interactive technology, and renewable solutions. This track will focus on successful models of integrated low energy cooling systems and design for integration of technologies to offer flexibility and load balancing. It will also discuss smart renewable energy integration with buildings (including response to RE variability, storage, and grid integration) using advanced technology such as AI and blockchain.
List of Series
- ZerO-In Dialogue #1 on Grid-Interactive Net Zero Energy Buildings (G-NZEB)
- ZerO-In Dialogue #2 on Emerging Technologies in G-NZEBs
- ZerO-In Dialogue #3 on Consumer Engagement for G-NZEBs
- ZerO-In Dialogue #4 on Enabling Policies for G-NZEBs
- ZerO-In Conclave: Energy Efficiency Market Transformation
- ZerO-In Conclave: Net Zero-Buildings, Grids and Cities