EXISTING BUILDINGS TO NEARLY ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS (nZEB) – a Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) initiative
EDS has been appointed to carry out the feasibility study for 100 existing buildings providing a roadmap to achieve the nZEB goal. The selection criteria for buildings is as under:
1. Minimum built up area: 5000 sq. mts.
2. Minimum connected load >100kW or contract demand > 120 kVA or as notified by State/UT
3. Eligible building typologies: Educational institutions, Healthcare, Shopping complex, Hospitality, Airports & Railway/Metro stations.
The feasibility study by EDS will broadly comprise of the following activities:
1. Assessment of existing building energy consumption
2. Energy mapping of building energy systems
3. Identifying energy savings potential
4. Cost benefit analysis
Following the study, EDS will share a complete analysis report listing down Energy Conservation Measures (ECM’s) with the building owners for further action. The building owners/client shall not be bound to carry out implementation of ECM’s suggested, before all practical and financial implications are considered.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency is an agency of the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power created in March 2002 under the provisions of the nation’s 2001 Energy Conservation Act. As per BEE, nZEB is defined as a building whose Energy Performance Index (EPI) is less than 15 kwh/m2/year.
To register your expression of interest please visit the link